Friday, March 23, 2012

A Plethera of Pins


The latest social media craze is this amazing virtual bulletin board called Pinterest! If you are like me you have quickly become addicted.  As I begin to view all the incredible crafts, recipes, organization ideas, home improvement ideas and much more, I lose track of time.  Before I realize it, I have been sucked into this site with never ending but helpful information. 

However, I have discovered something about myself - I pin lots of stuff but have actually tried very few things.  How about you? Have you tried any of the things you've pinned?

A friend of mine, Jami, is a high school senior.  She recently hosted a pinterest party.  Each of her friends picked one of the recipes they had personally pinned and brought the ingredients to Jami's house.  They took turns making their recipes.  They hung out, cooked and ate their delicious food.  She shared it was so much fun.  So learning from my young but wise (and fun) friend, next month at our Mom's Nurturing Moms meeting I will ask our ladies that the snack they bring to share be something they have discovered on pinterest. I can't wait. 

Last month in MnM we made a craft our facilitator Jackie found on pinterest.  It was neat to actually make something quite a few of us had pinned ourselves.  You could make a memo board, menu board or a calendar - all out of a picture frame.  The idea is the picture frame glass makes it a dry erase board.  Here are pictures of my pinterest craft.........

I decided to do the calendar using paint chips.  The original idea was found here ! 
I made this to match my bedroom! So I guess I have at least made one thing I pinned on pinterest. 

I am so excited to use this new technology tool.  I find things on pinterest for personal use and to use in ministry.  It is a clever thing but unfortunately I must confess I am a pin-a-holic!

Much Love!
Mrs. Tara

No comments: