Sunday, March 11, 2012

Better is One Day in His House

I attended a one day conference for women yesterday. We sang the song "Better is One day in His House". See the lyrics after this post.

The chorus speaks of it being better to be one day in His (Jesus) courts and house than thousands elsewhere. Have you ever pondered on that thought. I have sung that song lots of times but not given it a whole lot of thought. Yesterday, I felt the Lord said, "Tara do you really mean that?" I thought about what my "elsewhere" could be. Emotion flooded over my soul. You see my elsewhere would be to be a mom.

Let me back up for a moment. My emotions were a little raw on the inside. You see as the conference started, the leader made the comment about every lady in the room being a mom. My flesh wanted to scream this was not advertised as a conference for MOMS. I immediately knew this was going to be a hindrance for me, if I didn't ask God to help me put that comment aside. I know that the leader was not thinking about this aspect and did not mean for that to be offensive. I knew it was my issue. And to be honest and real with you, I know that even though I very often feel alone with this issue that I am not. So I began to pray for any others who might be in the room who also have the hurt of not being able to have children. I didn't come a little over 2 hours to begin the conference feeling alienated. I came to be drawn closer to the most high King. I prayed asking God to bind the enemy from allowing this to rob me of the ways I could learn and grow from His word at the conference.

So back to my "elsewhere". I kinda laughed to myself that the Lord posed this question in my heart after already being frustrated with the leader's comment. To be honest if I had not brought ladies from my church I would have been tempted to leave before it really started. But I know the Lord wanted an answer from me. A sincere and honest answer. Would I rather spend one day with Him than thousands elsewhere? I can think of lots of elsewheres- can't you? I actually stopped singing and for a moment, thought about it. As I pictured my hubby and I with children- both biological and adopted children- we had a houseful. It was a happy scene in my mind. I felt for a moment time froze as I took in every detail of this scene. Then as the chorus began again- I began to sing........... truly sing with great conviction that I would rather spend one day in the King of Kings and Lord or Lords court and house than a thousand days in any elsewhere I could imagine. What about you?

By the way- the Lord did speak to me through several of the speakers and allowed me to move past the opening comments about everyone being a mother. I also am not having a pity party- I promise. I also know as a Minister of Childhood Education, God has given me the opportunity to mother many children spiritually. I am so thankful. In case you read this and wonder- I am at a great place in my life knowing I am not a mom. I really am. I haven't always been in a great spot with this but today I am. The Lord used the leader who opened the conference (who has a great heart and most likely doesn't realize the impact of her comments) to get me in a great place to be challenged by deciding one day or a thousand!

Love you much!
Mrs. Tara





How lovely is Your dwelling place, Oh Lord Almighty
My soul longs and even faints for You
For here my heart is satisfied, within Your presence
I sing beneath the shadow of Your wings

Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts
Than thousands elsewhere
(repeat)

One thing I ask, and I would seek, to see Your beauty,
To find You in the place Your glory dwells
My heart and flesh cry out,
For You the living God
Your Spirit's water for my soul
I've tasted and I've seen,
Come once again to me.
I will draw near to You.
I will draw near to You

No comments: