Sunday, October 5, 2008

Meal Planning Monday October 6-10


Well here we are another week and we did great again! Yippee! Here is our meal plan for this week. Notice it is a few days short. My hubby and I leave for Nicaragua on Saturday afternoon- along with 3 friends. We normally do a mission trip with a larger team but the 5 of us are going to encourage missionaries, pastors and their families, visit the school in San Judas and the orphanage in El Canyon. Of course Mike and I will have some meetings related to adoption. It is our prayer that we will know if God is opening or closing the door after this week. I am so excited we get to see the girls......... but back to Menu Planning!
Monday - Chicken Casserole, Mac & Cheese, Fruit, Green Beans (we didn't have last week)
Tuesday - BBQ Chicken (in crock pot) and leftovers
Wednesday- eat at church
Thursday - lasagna, salad, bread and fruit
Friday- grilled hamburgers, baked beans, chips and dip
Saturday- eat in airport
Sunday- Friday eating at the Partner's In Christ Mission House & Eskimo's
I also wanted to share about a great savings trip I made yesterday-
I went to Food Lion to purchase 3 things-
1. Herbal Essence Conditioner on sale for $2.49 - $2.00 coupon = .49 cents
2. Bird's Eye Voila! (Buy one get one) 2 bags =$4.79 - $2.00 coupons (2 / $1 each)= $2.79
I was so excited! We had one of the Bird's Eye Voila today for lunch- Chicken Parmesan. It was excellent- not a whole lot of food but a good portion for two people in a bag. Easy to fix and very tasty. I most likely will only purchase when it is on special!
I also had some great CVS and Walgreen's deals this week. I have gotten into seeing how much money I can save.........
One of the reasons is because I added up how much money we spent eating out. I also read a lot of blogs by moms who really try to be the best steward of what God has given them- this includes coupons, reading advertisements and keeping up with specials. I read so much of them while I was out recovering from surgery it challenged me. Plus remember I discovered I like eating at home!!
At least I am trying.........