Thursday, April 3, 2008

God's People helping each other

After starting a blog this past week to help keep people updated on the adoption process my husband and I are going through to make two special little girls a part of our forever family- I decided man that feels pretty good, I should do this about my experiences as a Minister of Childhood Education. So here goes.......

This week has been a rough one emotionally. This past Saturday night a couple in our church's eight day old baby boy died. In ministry this is the hardest thing I have ever walked through with a family. I have experienced children being diagnosed with diseases, disabilities, tragedies, death of a parent, various crisis, etc. but never the death of a child who has breathed life. Maybe I will talk more about that later but rather than focus on the sadness I want to tell you the beautiful thing I saw happen this week.
I saw dads and moms cry with this couple.
I saw meals prepared.
I heard many precious prayers offered up.
I observed moms and dads hug their kids a little tighter.
I know moms and dad examined the amount of family time they spend together.
I sat with a couple who poured out their heart to this couple to share they are not alone (they had lost a 7 day old daughter before moving to our community).
I saw a mom and dad say goodbye to a son.
I saw a gracious and compassionate God minister to all involved (including me).
I saw God's people be the hands and feet of Christ.
I am thankful that because of Jesus Christ and those of us who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ can have the assurance of an eternity in heaven.
I am left challenged to work harder to introduce others to my Saviour.

No comments: