Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vacation Time - here I come

Tomorrow Mike and I head on vacation. We are both so excited. As you know it has been two years since we headed to the beach. We were thinking we were adopting and so we opted to save our time. Well then I had surgery and needed to be off 9 weeks and THEN the adoption fell through. We did go away for a marriage conference but to be honest we were still raw with emotion from the adoption failing and the reality of my hysterectomy from the summer. We also went on a mission trip and that was an awesome time of being able to serve others, enjoy our surroundings and relax some. So we have "been" places but this trip is about siting on the beach or by the pool. It is about not doing a whole lot but what we really want to do. I can't wait to hear the beach.
We are going to Ormond Beach, Florida. We have been here many times but are always looking for new places to eat or visit- any suggestions? Mike is packing his clothes as I type this. I have lots to do to be ready but let me tell you a few of the things I can't wait for........
-- the sound of the waves crashing in
-- the smell of the beach
-- the 15 Lori Wick books my sister has loaned me
-- visiting the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse
-- looking at the ocean from inside the pool
-- eating lots and lots of shrimp
-- eating Cinnamon rolls from Aunt Catfish's
-- talking and listening to God as I take in one of His great creations
-- people watching on the beach
-- taking in a movie when it rains
-- visiting the Sea Turtle Rehab Center
-- AND YES FELLOW COUPONERS seeing what COUPONS the local papers have available (and yes, when I shop at Publix there picking up what coupons they may have available!)

Well the awesome part of my trip is I am staying two weeks! I have never been to the beach for two weeks straight. Unfortunately Mike can only stay for part of the time - my two sisters and parents are coming for part as well. I look forward to spending time with them- we haven't been on a trip or even to the beach together in very, very long time!

Florida here we come! I am sure I will be ready to see all my little friends and their parents when I return---- I am going to miss you guys!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ahhh... the beach....Thank you God. I know you will have a wonderful time...Dear Lord, I pray you renew her spirit, give rest and relaxation to her body, grow and bless her marriage and speak to her pages or even chapters of revelation...Lord, that you would give her what she needs and that your peace would cover her completely...Amen

Kelly B.