Thursday, September 18, 2008

Week One - Check

Well for the most part - the office part- my first week back at work is complete. I am off on Friday's- as is all the ministers and administrative staff. Well our lovely receptionist works on Friday's from 8 - 12 and the ladies in the office rotate working so she will not be by herself. I can't say all of that without saying all my friends on the Maintenance Staff works all day on Friday's. Bless their hearts I think they work non-stop.

It was harder than I thought but I know it can only get better. It was a week of catching up on stuff - mail, phone calls, emails, more mail, catching up, etc.

Friday I get to attend the Kick-Off luncheon for Operation Christmas Child. If you are not familiar with this awesome organization - please check it out at www.samaritanspurse.org ! I will have to post an awesome story another time about a neat story that connected two families- all through a shoebox!

Childhood Ministries is also sponsoring a trip to the ATLANTA Braves game. So I am headed to Atlanta on a motor coach with other families from our church to cheer on the Braves. I am a hoping the sitting on the drive, the walk to the stadium and the sitting at the game isn't too much. The good thing is I can walk around on the drive if needed, I can take as long as I need to get to the stadium and there are lots of places to visit while at the stadium- mainly the dipin' dots vendor :) !

Thanks for your prayers- they are greatly appreciated.
Have you thanked God today for the many, many blessings in your life?

1 comment:

ListPlanIt said...

Samaritans Purse is a wonderful organization to get involved with, especially during the holidays. Thanks for participating in 100 Days to Christmas! I look forward to reading about your Christmas planning success!!

Jen
http://www.100DaystoChristmas.com