Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth Celebration

Today Mike and I are heading to my parents for swimming and food! It will be a family celebration today with my dad, mom, and two sisters. I love to swim!

Mike and I have been talking about purchasing an ice cream maker so we are picking one up before heading to the pool.

We will be making one of my favorite homemade ice cream recipes from my Brainerd Baptist Church cookbook - church cookbooks are the best you know! Thanks to Mrs. Debbie we will be enjoying her Milky Way Ice Cream

Milky Way Ice Cream
1 pt. half and half
1 pt. whipping cream
2 cups of sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
7 Milky Way bars
6 eggs
Beat eggs and sugar; add cream, half and half and Eagle Brand. Heat 1 cup milk with 6 to 7 Milky Ways. Add to egg mixture. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour into container. Fill container with milk.


Do you have a favorite homemade ice cream recipe? Will you please share it with me?

Happy Fourth of July! I am so thankful to live in a country where we can freely and openly worship the One True God!

1 comment:

The Stums said...

Um, I think you should try this out at the FLC pool. Its only fair. :)