Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An Emotional Day

Today I, along with many, many others celebrated the life of a husband, father, son, brother, uncle, son-in-law, brother-in-law, friend but most of all a true follower of Christ.

As I watched a family say an earthly "see you later" I wept with sadness for I know their hearts are breaking. Yes, as Christians we do have a peace that we will see this brother in Christ again but humanly death is never easy. I believe this is especially true when someone is taken tragically and at a young age.

My heart hurts for this family and I ask you to lift them up to our Heavenly Father. I pray He holds them close, He drys their tears, and that His love will be their covering.

I pray as a church family we pour out our love on them- that we are found faithful in ministering to them both now and in the many days ahead.

Today our community was reminded that we are not guaranteed tomorrow. Therefore we need to be busy about the things that matter- living for Christ and sharing Him with others.

1 comment:

Jenn M said...

I am overwhelmed by his sacrifice. Praise God for His promises that we know are true and that this man is sitting at Jesus' feet!