- how kids interact in the school environment (as opposed to church and church activities)
- how they relate to the peers
- who their peers are at school
- what their teachers think of them (or the cafeteria lady)
- what they like to eat and what they don't like to eat
- what happened at their house that morning or the night before (sometimes good but sometimes sad)
- how they view me- often in how they introduce me- which often makes me feel really good- "this is my friend from church Mrs. Tara"
- many interesting things about their teachers, friends but most of all parents.......in my book you all shall remain nameless but man oh man the innocence and honesty of kids- tee hee- it's awesome
- I might be broke all the time- how it pains me to see the kids who have to put things back up because they don't have the money for that item
- I would outlaw television (cartoons) EVER being played during lunch
- I would pray the noise and behavior issues in the cafeteria would not get to me and I could remain "nice" - which most places I visit the environment is really neat! (yes, I do realize I am in the cafeteria once a week and they are in there every day, all school year)
- I would figure out a way for little ones not to have to begin lunch at 10:30 in the morning..... I know it is a tight schedule but come on (it makes for a really long lunch time when you begin then and the last lunch is at 12:40)..... if I wouldn't look silly I would take a seat cushion
Oh yes- and I always take my lunch. No offense cafeteria ladies of the world- I always did and always will. It is just better that way ......
Tomorrow the homeschool are coming to me- whoo hoo! Lunch with all of them here at the church and guess what??? They are bringing lunch- woot woot!
Have a great afternoon!