Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Children's Pastor's Conference

Well it is finally here. I have wanted to attend CPC for a while - several years- but it has just never worked out. I am excited but also a little nervous. Not sure what to expect but anxious to find out. I have heard so many great things about this conference. What am I looking forward to? Here are few things....................

1. Worship
2. Conferences that give me new ideas
3. Conferences that help me strengthen areas of weakness for me personally and professionally
4. Resource / Vendor area
5. Seeing people I know
6. Making new friends
7. my first conference held at DISNEY

Well that is a lot and I could keep going but I won't. Needless to say I can't wait. I am about to eat lunch and head out. I want to get checked in and look over the schedule and classes. Well I have done that a zillion times based on the stuff online but I know it can change. I am also going to attend the first time attendee orientation. We start with a general session, eat dinner together and well since I am at Disney............. I will probably stop by a park as I leave. Oh yes, the Resource Area opens this afternoon too. So I will definitely stop by there. I hope I am not disappointed but I will be honest I have high expectations.

Well folks...............I had better get my bag ready (packed with my video camera and my camera)- yes I am a nerd! :0 But hey, there is nothing like seeing things and experiencing them through the eyes / lens as a first time attendee. I can't wait to tell you if it was all I thought it was going to be! I would appreciate your prayers in that these few days will be life changing, they will bring me closer to God, I will hear clearly what He desires for me to hear and I will go back home with a clear vision for FBC Childhood Ministries!

No comments: